HOLDEN SCREWDRIVERS

BROCKWOOD

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
These come from the electrical trade, but once you master their use: If it's a flat blade screw that needs starting, you'll grab it! They simply grab & hold the screw by the slot for getting the screw started. As long as you don't try to actually tighten or torque the screw they will last forever!
HOLDEN SCREW DRIVERS.jpg
Screw shown attached (for example), electrical tape & red rubber electrical insulators not included in original purchase. These were retired by my company, so I disposed of them properly by bringing them home & regrinding the blades - good as new! Still sold new in electrical supply houses is several sizes.

I've had 'em for years. An old boss showed them to me back in 75 or so. I don't use them often, but sometimes they're the only thing that works.

Got bunches of different sizes, they work good , better than papper

I even have them for Phillips screws, we use those alot for putting points in distributors on cars and trucks. Screw starters were great still use them at times.

Used to have a few made by proto that held a screw by a slight twisting of the mechanism to hold both slotted and phillips screws. Now you have me thinking of where they are at.

Back