Hobbymat BFE Milling Machine Base and X Y table

RaisedByWolves

Mangler of grammar, off my meds.
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Got a NOS Prazi SD300/Hobbymat 65 with milling BFE head and would like to acquire the stand alone base for the milling head.

Please let me know what you have or if you know of an article where someone has retrofitted a non standard X Y table of good quality to this mill.

Got a NOS Prazi SD300/Hobbymat 65 with milling BFE head and would like to acquire the stand alone base for the milling head.

Please let me know what you have or if you know of an article where someone has retrofitted a non standard X Y table of good quality to this mill.
Hello and welcome,

While what you're asking seems perfectly reasonable you may have difficulty locating a sufficiently rigid X/Y table to make a suitable milling machine. I'd avoid the Chinese ones on eBay since they're pretty useless for anything besides drilling equally spaced holes.

Little machine shop has this one which might do the trick but 70lbs isn't much.

They're pretty helpful and should be able to give enough info for you to figure out if it'll work or not.

Cheers,

John

Welcome to HM, Can you give us some dimensions constraints and desired X-Y travel if the table you desire? Also, please post some pictures of your new machine!

Thanks for the heads up John and the welcome guys.

Are you sitting down?

I got all of this and much more for $750. Everything is brand new.

What looks like rust is just cosmoline spray. It sucks to try and remove but under the neath its all bright and shiny.

IMG_2449.JPG

IMG_2444.JPG

There's literally a bucket full of tooling I haven't even gone through.

As to the X Y table, Im kinda hoping to find an original unit in good shape but I may experiment with something like one of LMS's tables or even A Palmgren table.

Wow that's a nice score!

Wow, score!!!

I almost feel guilty........ Almost.

The guy who sold it to me was renting a storage locker and just wanted everything out. After I paid him he just kept handing me stuff and saying take it, I want it gone.

Cleaned up nice.

IMG_2566.JPG

Some of the goods.

Much of this does not fit these lathes, but fit the ones sold at littlemachineshop and others.

Im going to fit a collet nose on both the lathe and the mill.

Attachments

• IMG_2463.JPG
    IMG_2463.JPG
    361.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2475.JPG
    IMG_2475.JPG
    470 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2450.JPG
    IMG_2450.JPG
    503.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2442.JPG
    IMG_2442.JPG
    559.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2441.JPG
    IMG_2441.JPG
    739.6 KB · Views: 3
Okay, seems like you’re just trying to have a separate lathe and mill. Otherwise you could use the mill as intended with the lathe as a base.

You could try it that way to begin with then change it up later if you’re not happy using it that way.

Btw,

:you suck:

John

Okay, seems like you’re just trying to have a separate lathe and mill. Otherwise you could use the mill as intended with the lathe as a base.

You could try it that way to begin with then change it up later if you’re not happy using it that way.

Btw,

:you suck:

John
Exactly, and yes, my name is Hoover.

I do this for a living so using the lathe/mill combo would only disappoint me. It seems to be one of the better designed lathe/mill combos out there, but having them separate is what I want.

Last edited:
Back