Hobby Machinist Group in New Jersey?

Scraping... I'm really interested in learning what it is, and how to do it... BUT I think I would be too terrified of ruining something that can't be repaired (think "whoops" when you are working on ways) to actually try it... :scared:

I betyou would've great at t Charlie! You are very detailed orientated and I don't
See you doing anything till you were 100% sure what it washout were dong and if it would work.

Thanks for the info Kevin. I see a couple of groups I might get in touch with.

Rich

Hi Rich:

I know what you mean about not knowing what to look for-I have been machining now for about 20 years and I still would not be 100% sure if a used lathe or mill was good or bad-maybe if I could us it a bit...

I will say that if you can get it cheaply enough, any lathe is better than no lathe!!

I just spent about 4 hours shimming/tramming my mill head-I've had this 3-in-1 for about 20 years and I never knew it was out until a few months ago-I think I've finally got it where I want it.

Very true. It has taken me some time to get a feel for what I would do and how I would use tjemacjine to doo it. I have gotten pretty good searching eBay and Craigslist. I just need some free time to start looking at the machines

Rich

I'm a little bummed out: I've been heads-down working 2 jobs lately, and missed both meetups! Would love to join up for the enxt time.

I'm a little bummed out: I've been heads-down working 2 jobs lately, and missed both meetups! Would love to join up for the enxt time.

Hey Brt-

No problem man! There will be more soon- I even just added someone to my list today!

Why don't you PM me your email, so next time you won't miss the messages?
Great that you are interested...

Bernie

Back