Hitachi x200 vfd

John G

Registered
Registered
Hello, newbie here and kind of a beginner. I installed a hitachi x200 vfd on my mill. it has a Reuland 3/4 hp 208-220 440 volt motor. The problem is after running for a while it will shut down and give an error code E05 (overload protection). The motor is not warm the spindle spins freely. I'm thinking it's something with the way it's programmed??????? However the manual/book is not all that user friendly and I was wondering if anyone here knows something about these units.

Assuming the VFD is rated for the motor HP, and that there is nothing wrong with the motor. Is the b012 parameter set for your motor nameplate current?

From the manual:

4. Set the Motor Current – The inverter has thermal overload protection that is
designed to protect the inverter and motor from overheating due to an excessive load.
The inverter’s uses the motor’s current rating to calculate the time-based heating effect.
This protection depends on using correct current rating for your motor. The level of
electronic thermal setting, parameter B012, is adjustable from 20% to 100% of the
inverter’s rated current. A proper configuration will also help prevent unnecessary
inverter trip events.
Read the motor’s current rating on its manufacturer’s nameplate. Then follow the steps
below to configure the inverter’s overload protection setting.

Jim thanks for getting me pointed in the right direction. I got it up and running. But I must say the manual/ book, well lets just say its not user friendly.............
Thanks again

Back