Hit The Mother Load Today

You have some very nice stuff there. I'll be watching for what you put up for sale.

Wow! Congratulations.......that's a lot of great stuff.

-brino

Good for you!
I have a retired tool and die gentleman that lives around the corner from me, at first he sold me some very nice cobalt tooling and measuring instruments. Over the past few years he shows up randomly with more fine tooling. He won't take money as we have become friends, but I stop in on him and his wife to check up on them a few times a month. He really enjoys seeing the goodies put to use.

Great find, Wish I hat some luck like that. How did the car drive with all that loaded in it. Next time you'll take your trunk

Well 'oil buddy, as dear Pappy would have said, you fell face first into the outhouse and came out looking like a Greek god. Wish I had been in there with you. Congrats, but more importantly, thanks to the old gent who aquired it all, and who was kind enough to provide it for your use.

Happy machining,

Ron
Like I said I only went to his place for a handful of reamers. Honestly I think he was just happy with finding someone who is excited about his equipment as he was. What more could you ask for? I will probably do the same thing if I was in his situation .

Jay

Great find, Wish I hat some luck like that. How did the car drive with all that loaded in it. Next time you'll take your trunk
The car drove I bit on the scary side. Kept bottoming out on even small bumps. If this keeps up I don't think the Honda will last very long. Definitely taking the PU from now on.

Jay

Well, in one's life you have good days and not so good days. I must say today was a very good day. I happened to stumble onto the mother load of tooling and accessories. It is so much stuff that I have no idea what to do with all of it. I only went to the man's house to see about some reamers. The man is a retired machinist and is giving up his hobby due to failing eyesight. I figured there was more than just reamers there, but I had no idea of what he really had. So of course I drove my car and not my pick up. Let's just say we came to an agreement and my car was stuffed to capacity and that isn't even all of it. Anyone interested in a Harrison M300 13/24 lathe?

Nice collection of thread gages. Great that you can used his tools. Hope you find a buyer for his lathe, it looks good to me.

Damn I live the wrong place. What ever you don't know what to do with, just send to me. :laughing: :congrats:
:you suck:

Wow, Jay ... !!!

What a nice find for you... :) I'm sure that your enthusiasm and integrity shone through... what a nice story... :) Keep us up to date with pics...

Brian :)

Back