Hit & Miss Engine - Help Needed

Jim Dobson

Active User
Registered
G'day all, I have taken more than a few days to build the base for this Enjomor 6cc Hit & Miss Engine. Really happy how it turned out.I can't get a spark from the plug. Has anyone got any thoughts on what to check out to see why I'm not getting a spark? I've pointed out in the video a few things where I'm stuck.

You will not see or hear a spark by lifting up on and making the points. That is only a switch to send a signal to the module to fire.
You can remove the boot from the red high voltage wire and hold the wire end close to a bare metal part of the engine you should see and hear a spark when the points are operated if all is well.

There are several things that could be wrong if you don't get a spark. That module requires at least 6 volts to operate and will not work at lower voltages.

Ray

G'day Ray and thanks for the comment, very much appreciated.
I'm using three (3) AA batteries being 1.5v each that means that I'm getting 4.5v.
I'm not sure how to get 6v? The battery holder is only made for 3 x AA batteries.

That module has a voltage of 4.2 to 6 volts I stand corrected.

Ray

That module has a voltage of 4.2 to 6 volts I stand corrected.

Ray

Hi Ray, just to clarify as my electronics knowledge is severely lacking.....3 x 1.5v batteries is enough to create a spark through the module?

If the 3 batteries are in series (likely) then you should get 4.5v when the batteries are fresh. That should meet (if barely) the minimum voltage requirement of 4.2v that rDean mentioned.

Back