Hi To All Looking For Someone That Id My South Bend Lathe.

Johnnyq

Registered
Registered
Its serial # is 15648 it has no letters 14 in chuck but can hold a 16 in. its set up with a over head gear box made by drive all comp model 500 universal 4 ratio an cone type clutch motor to gear box 2 v belts an 1 flat belt to lathe. ive not been able to find one like to know how old an what it was built for thanks Sorry about picture ill try get some better one.any help would be thankful.IMAG0052.jpg IMAG0051.jpg

If it is a South Bend lathe, it maybe either a 15" or 16" size. SBL made both way back their earlier years. If you go over to Steve Wells website, there is a list of serial numbers that people have posted. From that, you should be able to get it within a year or two of its born date. Go over to the South Bend Lathe section here on H-M and should be a link posted to Steve's website. Lots of good information on his website as well as here on H-M too. Ken

Thanks so much for your help 4gsr I new my lathe was old I was thinking around 1930 or 40 what I found out was between 1913 to 1918 an here what I have.

Attachments

• 1913_catalog.pdf
    10.7 MB · Views: 7
Back