Hhip D1-4 Direct Mount Er-40 Chuck Review

Just purchased the collet adapter faceplate (D1-4 mount) with pins on "xBay" and mounted in in place with a 1.0 inche collet adapter - runout for this specific adapter on a pc of 1.0 inch stock was less than .001" - I'm extremely pleased with that for getting a collet set that is likely to have some variations in their accuracy. I'll end up checking all of the collets in this way as I use various sizes to establish a log of anything that appears to be so "out of round" that it creates issues in the use.
The nice part about this setup is simply the lengthened "use" on the lathe as well as being able to "get up close and personal" with tools and stocks. With the collets and this faceplate type - it was well worth the money for the use to me. Have a full range of chucks (duplicates) with inside/outside jaws that I've picked up over time - avoids having to pull the jaws and re-set - also use a 4-Jaw 8" on occasion - large but fits - always tend to keep the RPM down and the jaws as "balanced" as possible when making the setup. That's a pretty good chuck of metal spinning around under your nose! Work safe and you'll be able to continue using all those fingers on both hands!

Back