Hf Blast Cabinet

I sealed my benchtop HF blast cabinet with caulk and clear Flex-Seal. Still leave it in a box just in case but the cabinet does not leak anymore.

Bruce

I sealed my benchtop HF blast cabinet with caulk and clear Flex-Seal. Still leave it in a box just in case but the cabinet does not leak anymore.

Bruce

Bruce,
I am thinking of getting the Bench top model also.
How good is it and whats the biggest size part it can handle comfortably?

Tacoma Blasting makes a kit to completely change the feed process on that cabinet. Replaces the siphon tube, and replaces it with a feed from the bottom of the cabinet. I used the kit on my cabinet even though it isn't a HF, I adapted it. The owner of Tacoma(Mike I think), is very helpful as well.

Here is a video for the upgrade kit:

I used the HF reclaimer on my cabinet as well:
http://www.harborfreight.com/blast-cabinet-reclaimer-kit-60739.html

^^ Well they don't have that kit on eBay now.

I wasn't going to buy one, Just looking to see if the price has come down. I am running a Scat pickup tube and gun. I got the gun at a flee market for 2 bucks and ordered the pickup tub from TP tools. I am to cheep to buy the scat kit for $99.. Some day I will build a foot pedal valve and build the rest. I am just cheep like that. :laughing:

Ok I have the older model. The mane cabinet is formed wit only one seam. Get a good shop vac. And a Dust Deputy.
http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=51625686&KPID=19913726&pla=pla_19913726

View attachment 126264

+1 on a Dust Deputy for your blast cabinet. They are excellent. I draw from the cabinet -> Dust Deputy -> Shop Vac (no filter) -> out the back wall of the garage. Almost no grit inside the Shop Vac. The Dust Deputy will fill the 5 gal bucket full before I get a pound of grit in the Shop Vac. The outlet from the Shop Vac going out the back wall of the garage keeps any grit from being discharged into my work area. My bench grinder makes 20x more of a mess than my blast cabinet does.

GG

now way in hell i'd put single pane glass in a cabinet

Single strength with double on top of it, works great, and easy to replace the single when it gets scratched up. Way cheaper than the clear film covers and lasts longer.

The glass is a pita to remove / replace, itty bitty nuts washers, my arms aren't long enough.
I put some goop on the outside of the nuts after putting back together.
Also installed a motor guard toilet paper compressed air dryer/filter on it .
Any suggestions for the dust deputy bucket , I was thinking a 5gal bucket with lid
Thanks

Back