Hf Blast Cabinet

Thanks , now all I need is a compressor pump , time will tell !.
I may try making a larger one for 4" hoses for his dust collector that spews fine dust everywhere

The glass is a pita to remove / replace, itty bitty nuts washers, my arms aren't long enough.
I put some goop on the outside of the nuts after putting back together.
Also installed a motor guard toilet paper compressed air dryer/filter on it .
Any suggestions for the dust deputy bucket , I was thinking a 5gal bucket with lid
Thanks
Yes, a 5 gallon plastic bucket with a lid is perfect for the Dust Deputy. Seal the DD to the lid with silicone before you put the bolts in. Be sure to use a nice 2 1/2" shop vac hose, and not those skinny hoses. You need to move some CFM.

I've used single pane glass in my blast cabinet for 30 years and haven't had a problem, but if a 1/2" of stacked glass makes you feel good, go for it. The abrasive you're using will determine how often the glass needs replacing. If you use glass beads it will last years. Sand or Black Magnum, less. Walnut shells or plastic, forever. Its not a big deal either way. To me, changing blast media is more work than replacing the glass. If your cabinet is tiny, the glass will wear faster because it has more media hitting it. Big blast cabinet the glass lasts longer because not so much abrasive deflects back to the glass.

GG

Sent using Tapatalk from someplace deep inside the garage

Thanks GG , the cabinet came with black magnum in it , the plan is to use glass bead .
The PO had the plastic on the outside glass inside should of been other way around, glass has a slight haze on it now. The little screws ,nuts,washers are a pita to replace the glass.

Thanks for the link Steve, I'll keep that in mind. Kinda pricey tho. Wounder how it works on windshields, bad wiper blade scratched my truck glass .

It's meant for windshields, but for deep scratches they have a more aggressive compound. There are other glass polishes out there, including one that popped up many times, called Griot's Garage Glass Polish.
One thing to keep in mind is that polishing can result in ripples that are annoying (or in a windshield could be a real distraction). Polish a large area and keep the polisher moving.

Steve Shannon, P.E.

Back