Hey Everyone. Please Help Me Learn About Vintage Level I Bought A Flea Market.

Playingwithmetal

Registered
Registered
Well the title says it all. I purchased a Empire MFG CO. Level today at a local flea market. I paid I beleive $1 dollar for it. I have tried googling it and can't find any information at all. I have been looking for a nice precision level. Something along the lines of a Starrett 98 6-12" level. Most likely I'll buy used on eBay when I find a good price. However I am courious as to see if maybe the level o picked up today will be an improvement in the meantime to my new empire bubble level. The level reads Empire Level MFG. CO. No.26E PAY. 2014.420 Milwaukee USA
Thanks
Dylan

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

I call it a Torpedo level.
I see that your Spirit Tube has graduated lines. Place it on a level surface and read the bubble than rotate 180°.If it reads the same you are good to go. Now grab your feeler gauges and place a 0.005 blade under one end. If the bubble moves to the next line than rotate 180° and if you get the same reading it's good.
A machinist level will move the bubble to the next line with 0.0005 under one end.

>*G*<

Thanks. That's great advise. The level looks like it might be precision. It seems well made and looks lapped.

Back