Helpful Metalworking Links -- POST THEM HERE!

HMF

Site Founder
Administrator
Are you looking for more information on metalworking on the internet? Check out these sites..

Do you have some useful links to share with us? Post 'em here!

Enjoy!

Best,

Nelson

Attachments

• Metalworking Web Sites.pdf
    174.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Helpful Metalworking Links -- POST THEM HERE!

Hey guys,
My interest in machining has drawn me into designing a 1/4 sacle Model of an existing biplane ' the Murphy renegade, Spirit" as such I must create parts that will replicate this plane in exact detail.... not balsa Wood.. this plane is built with 1 inch alum tubing and pop-rivets... so my model will be 1/4 ' alum tubing and 1/16 ' pop rivets. I have the full scale plane that I am going to restore....
oh yeah... i'm going to change the engine from a Rotax 503 to a 7 cylinder radial engine.
Mind you...i know there is a decent chance i never complete the full scale due to present financial restrictions but the model will happen within 1-2 years... the radial engine for the model is going to be quite a challenge as it will need to have a diamiter of about 6 " and the closest plans I have found, so far is 11.25 inches from " Ageless engines" or I could purchase a technopower radial engine of about 6" for about $3,000
Sorry...just can't spend that kind of money...I need it a lot more for a mini-midi milling machine and some tooling.
But I regress.... my project calls for designing a lot of alum parts as well as plans and my search for design software has led me to Alibre.com software. they have a very popular ans easy to learn program that sold for $ 500.00 and up but they have released a version for $99.00 and better yet you gan get it for a 30 day free trial with no strings attached. i downloaded it today and started fooling with it tonight and i believe i am going to like it....a lot ! It is very professional but learnable by any of you .
Check it out.....
joebiplane

Re: Helpful Metalworking Links -- POST THEM HERE!

Here's a link that I've referenced a quite a bit. It is primarily for owners of small lathes, but a lot of it can be used for most any size lathe - http://www.gadgetbuilder.com/index.html

Corm

reds link=topic=124.msg1656#msg1656 date=1292247204 said:
Here is a series of 11 videos on metal working tips for the beginner. This is video #1

[video=youtube;q7UvwyLSdsM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7UvwyLSdsM&feature=related [/video]

Tubalcain's and MIT's videos are outstanding! Tubalcain is especially easy to listen to. He's an ex High School shop teacher, so he knows his stuff, and knows how to present it. I wish there was a better index to his videos (150+ and growing).

Happy New Year!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back