• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • PLEASE: Read the FORUM RULES BEFORE registering!

Help with lathe decision

Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Belliger

Iron
Registered Member
Thanks for all your help, I have read every reply multiple times. I think I will stick to new. Maybe I can go used on the next machine when I know more and information like checking under the tailstock for wear will be very valuable.

The slippery slope has indeed grabbed me. I think I will hold off on a purchase until I save up a bit more. If I dial back on the mahines I will have more for tooling, or I can go all out on machines and get goodies like a Kurt vise later.

Thanks again to everyone.

Last edited:

fradish

I think you'll be happy with your choice. Now you'll need to stock up on raw materials and miscellaneous
tooling.

Congratulations!

BogusSVO

Welcome to the PM club!

I just got mine about a week ago, Im still cleaning and checking mine out.

I know what you mean about the slippery slope, I started out looking at the Harbor Freight 7x10 mini, and after a bit of reading and you tube vids, went thu the grizzley line up, then came across PM, and eneded up with the PM1236
That whole next size up is only a few hundred more, or a 1000 more will get you jumping sizes quick!

5 7