Help Organizing My Gerstner O52

100LL

Registered
Registered
Love to hear tips and see pictures of your machinist toolboxes.

I picked up and restored a Gerstner O52 toolbox. However, I have no idea what is good practice as far as what goes where.

I'm sure some experienced small shop machinists have learned some good practices, and would like to see what works and what doesn't.

Thanks

IMG_4893.JPG

Machinery's Handbook in the fat upper middle drawer. I put my mics and dial caliper in the long, thin upper drawer. I guess it depends on what uou have and where it all fits to your liking.

I use Kennedy's in the shop, my Gerstner ended up being usurped by my (much) better half to be used as her jewelry box. Perfect size
and looks great in the bedroom. Plus it lifted my machine shop efforts into something she could relate to and appreciate. Priceless.

CHuck the grumpy old guy

I have a harbor freight Gerstner wannabe. I will take some pics tomorow of it when Im in the shop.

The smaller deep drawer on the left of the MH drawer was commonly used for your dial indicators and attachments. That's what I was told by my dad and that's how his 052 was laid out

Love to hear tips and see pictures of your machinist toolboxes.
I picked up and restored a Gerstner O52 toolbox. However, I have no idea what is good practice as far as what goes where.

I HAVE TWO GERSTNERS .
MY HOME BOX IS AN OAK O-52 .
MY WORK BOX WAS A WALNUT W-82 UNTIL I WAS LAID OFF .
FOR NOW , THEY ARE BOTH AT HOME .

DSC_0689.JPG

DSC_0690.JPG

Please send it to me with your tooling, once I have it organized 100% correctly I will return it immediately!* :aok:

*caution, suffers from severe tooloholic syndrome and has been known to say anything to add to his tool collection

Might have to make one or two of those . Yup a place for everything, and everything in place is good.
You'll figure it out.

The tools are yours as said already. You will be the one using them. Put them in an order of use. The center drawer on one of min has tap sets in it. I have a small one for just taps and dies. Another small one for drills and another for end mills etc. I have 3 small ones and 3 large ones. Yet I have enough stuff to fill half a dozen more. Bottom line, your box, you set it up your way.

"Billy G"

Back