Help me!

JasonTank

Registered
Registered
I recently bought 0XA QC tool post for my 7x12 mini lathe similar to the harbor freight but in canada its called the king canada , anyways i cant for the life of me get the stock tool post mount to come off in order to install the correct one that came with the kit. Anyone have any tips ? Feels like its locked in and cant get a grip on it to thread it out. Any help would be awsome! Thanks in advance

Jason , are you saying this thing is threaded into the compound? and not the usual T nut deal.
Just my guess. Canada is a long walk from here. I remember my old man always said
"It didnt grow in there" Im just curious- just cant picture this setup or the mini lathe you have.

Im not sure that will help. Ill get pictures up when i get home to show you excatly what im talking about.

Thanks for ur input tho guys , noob like me appreciates it!

i often found / find that heat (heat gun, torch, hairdryer) was / is my second best friend. unless there's plastic nearby. . . . third best friend is the "kabosh" :whistle:

The stud is usually loctited into the apron. Use two nuts locked together and a small amount of heat on the flats adjacent to the stud and it should loosen and come on out. Be carefull and not add excess heat and warp the part, just a good gentle warming will usually suffice. Hope this helps get you going. Please let us know if you are still having issues after that.
Bob

Back