Help interpreting draft of lockplate bolster

FTlatheworks

Registered
Registered
I bought a book about making percussion pistol or rifle. I plan to make a single barrel percussion cap shotgun first, then try to make a double barrel shotgun for birds and clay.

I have made my lockplate, but I can’t seem to figure out how this bolster should look. The drawing seems to completely over complicate the part. Can anyone tell me what some of these cross sections are signifying. I will circle them on a picture below. If someone could please explain it clearly to me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Attachments

• IMG_9475.jpeg
    IMG_9475.jpeg
    151.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_9475.jpeg
    IMG_9475.jpeg
    148.7 KB · Views: 27
LH is a 45 deg bevel, .039" wide around the part.
RH is a slot/relief .098 W x .354 L x.079 D

LH is a 45 deg bevel, .039" wide around the part.
RH is a slot/relief .098 W x .354 L x.079 D
I can’t even understand which side of the part, or how it’s the same part. Do I need to research drafting? or am I just too stupid to see it? Is it obvious what it is?

The sheet shows the #1.1 part (small part shown in fig. 1.1 and two additional views) and the brazed assembly of the #1 and # 1.1 parts.

The only real problem I picked up on is that the drawing doesn't specify a cutter radius fillet size or orientation for the .079" deep slot.
The #1.1 part isn't dimensioned in a very machinist friendly way, IMO, But I think it can be made. You'll have to guess which orientation(s) to cut the .079" deep slot.

Did you figure this out?

Back