Help Identify a Cincinnati Gear Set

stonehands

Active User
Registered
Can any of the "Heavy Iron Owners" identify a fitted box of gears I found while cleaning out a machinists warehouse. The box was marked in pencil "CINCINNATI" and contains 20 gears from 17T thru 60T. Gears have a 7/8" arbor with 3 key ways and there is one brass arbor insert to 5/8". I think they must be table drive gears but have no clue as to model. There also was a box marked Milwaukee that has a plate with 'Model H Serial 15-3525', it has 11 gears in it. Any help would be appreciated, I don't think the owner of the shop ever had those large machines, more likely he got these in a package buy at an auction- they have been on a shelf for over 30 yrs. Many thanks--David

The “Cincinnati” gears are really Cincinnati. The dead give away is the three spline bore. The Milwaukee gears ought to be a six spline, 1 inch bore and just under half and inch wide. I modified my Cincinnati head to fit my Milwaukee mill by welding a 6 spline shaft to the input of the head. Hope this helps. Earl

Thanks bigearl, are these for the table feed or for a dividing head? I saw a set on fleabay that were in the same fitted box. I thought the box was a shop built container but now I think it was factory. There are a lot of parts in this warehouse that were put there 30+ years ago, it can be a real challenge to figure out what they are, many thanks for the help.--David

Thanks bigearl, are these for the table feed or for a dividing head? I saw a set on fleabay that were in the same fitted box. I thought the box was a shop built container but now I think it was factory. There are a lot of parts in this warehouse that were put there 30+ years ago, it can be a real challenge to figure out what they are, many thanks for the help.--David

David, They are for the dividing head. Earl

Thanks again Earl, one day I hope I get to see one of those 'big iron' machines running. Around here a Bridgeport is a big mill.--David

Earl, Be careful who you invite- I need to make another road trip to Wyoming! Mushroom and pepperoni OK? I'll even bring the beer. Many thanks for the info.--David

Earl, Be careful who you invite- I need to make another road trip to Wyoming! Mushroom and pepperoni OK? I'll even bring the beer. Many thanks for the info.--David

Always have room and time to meet another member..............

Back