Help ID this tooling?!?

That is my question! Does anyone here know what they would goto?

The first four pictures are speciality counterboring tools that fit into quick change tool holders used on high production machine tools. The tooling is very obsolete. The next two pictures are shell reamer heads. Again, made to use in high production machine tools. The tooling is very obsolete.

The second to the last picture is some tapping holders used in high production machine tools. I see one holder that may fit some of the counterbores in the first few pictures. One Magic Chuck holder used in a drill press. Missing necessary holders to make it useful. Again, very obsolete tooling.

Last picture is a bunch of speciality holders with what they call "automotive" shank tooling. Again, all made for high production machine tools. Like the rest of the tooling listed, obsolete too.

All this tooling was probably surplus from the automotive industry, most probably has not been used since 1950's or earlier.

I hope you didn't pay much for the stuff. You might find a person or two that may be interested in a piece or two of the tooling you have listed.

Ken

Most of that tooling would be used on Heavy milling machines. The tooling is very specific. Counterbores, but without their pilots, I saw a used up back spotfacing tool in the 6th photo, but no arbor.
This is tooling you would see in a manufacturing environment 30 or 40 years ago. It would be used for making something very specfic. IE pump cases, or transmissions, or gearboxes, etc.

Not typical job shop or general purpose tooling.

As to value, worth a mint a piece at a time to someone who needs that very specific item. Usually this stuff just gathers rust. You might modify some of it for your own purposes, but that is a challenge of its own.

Most of that tooling would be used on Heavy milling machines. The tooling is very specific. Counterbores, but without their pilots, I saw a used up back spotfacing tool in the 6th photo, but no arbor.
This is tooling you would see in a manufacturing environment 30 or 40 years ago. It would be used for making something very specfic. IE pump cases, or transmissions, or gearboxes, etc.

Not typical job shop or general purpose tooling.

As to value, worth a mint a piece at a time to someone who needs that very specific item. Usually this stuff just gathers rust. You might modify some of it for your own purposes, but that is a challenge of its own.

Yeah that's where I'm at with it right now. I have no idea what I am going to do with it, or if I can even use it period. I was hoping it was something that I could trade off for things I could use, but looks like that is out of the question. I'll try and post it up for sale on places like craigslist or ebay.....maybe I can unload it there.

Thanks for all the responses. I appreciate the effort to help this rookie out.

in the first 4 pics they are Eclipse c'bores and c'sinks. As someone else mentioned, obsolete but then so am I... Those eclipse tools fit /lock into an arbor and are quick change. They also have pilots and can be very handy when drilling a large hole. if they are sharp the are handy. Good in a drill press or BP or lathe.

Back