Help ID a hydraulic press?

At work we have a hydraulic H frame press that needs a new seal in the cylinder. There is no brand name or model number anywhere on the press, so we don't know where to start. We even know someone else that has the same press, and theirs doesn't have any markings either.

In the photo, we have a wood table top sitting on the rails, and the piston is out. It is a hand pump unit with the reservoir and pump on the right side rail.

It seems to be a well made press, and all it needs is a seal to be as good as new. We sent a photo to Dake in Michigan, and no one there recognized it. Does anyone here recognize it?

Thanks!

GG

View attachment 225916
Motion Industries has four stores in the Chicago area. Take the parts and the dimensions to them and see what they can do for you. They sell tons of seals for hydraulic equipment and have all the catalogues as well as the parts. If they don't have it, they will get it in for you.

If you can fit an O-ring in it, I'm sure the O-ring store can fix you up, I've used them, very fast service. And they have all the high-tech rubber types.
MS

GG---I will see if I can locate my seal collection to see if I have any 4" seals that may work---Dave

Motion Industries has four stores in the Chicago area. Take the parts and the dimensions to them and see what they can do for you. They sell tons of seals for hydraulic equipment and have all the catalogues as well as the parts. If they don't have it, they will get it in for you.

I called Motion Industries today, and they told me they carry oil seals, but not hydraulic seals. I guess the difference between the two would be the little metal frame? Thought it was strange, but anyway, it was worth a try.

I'll be calling or contacting every suggestion on this thread until I find one!

Thanks,

GG

I called Motion Industries today, and they told me they carry oil seals, but not hydraulic seals. I guess the difference between the two would be the little metal frame? Thought it was strange, but anyway, it was worth a try.

I'll be calling or contacting every suggestion on this thread until I find one!

Thanks,

GG
That is strange, because I have bought many thousands of dollars of seals for hydraulic cylinders from them in the past... Maybe you got the wrong guy!

That is strange, because I have bought many thousands of dollars of seals for hydraulic cylinders from them in the past... Maybe you got the wrong guy!

I talked to Chris at the Elgin, IL location. I don't know how many people work there. Strange? Yes!

GG

GG---I will see if I can locate my seal collection to see if I have any 4" seals that may work---Dave

Thanks Dave! We don't have the original seal, but I measured the piston, cylinder, and seal groove. This is what I came up with:

Cylinder ID: 4.000"
Piston OD: 3.988"
Seal groove OD: 3.346"
Seal groove width: .400"

BTW, my Dad lives in Rochester, MN!

Thanks again,

Curt
GG

Back