Hedwick Mv-100 Mill Literature, Parts Help?

Bellwether

Active User
Registered
I've had this Hedwick MV-100 mill for a couple of yeas now and I love it. It's quite versatile, has a broad RPM range, and has some very useful features, but there is very little information out there and literally no parts to be found anywhere. Can anybody help me with any service manuals or parts that you might have. Noting is wrong with it besides it being old and tired, but the transmission has some slop in it and I could use some new gears eventually. What I do know is that these machines were sold for a short time under the Logan name as their effort to get in the vertical mill market, and they were also sold by Rockford as Rockmills. Thanks!

IMG_0887.JPG

Hi neighbor,
I can't help you with information on your mill, but I do want to tell you that it looks like a fine machine. I love the tach at the top of the head and that it has both fine and rapid quill feeds and what looks like a useful depth stop. That is a nice size machine for a home shop. Does it drive through the column?

Nice looking machine. Pretty solid looking dovetails. Keep looking after it, and it will probably serve you for many more years. In terms of being tired, address the issues one at a time.

Thanks, guys. Yes it is a nice heavy, solid mill with lots of useful features and it works well, I just fear the day when something breaks and there are no parts to be found. I guess if one of the gears fail I can always have one made. It's cheaper than buying and transporting another mill.

Hi neighbor,
I can't help you with information on your mill, but I do want to tell you that it looks like a fine machine. I love the tach at the top of the head and that it has both fine and rapid quill feeds and what looks like a useful depth stop. That is a nice size machine for a home shop. Does it drive through the column?
Hi there, neighbor. Yes the motor is in the base and is driven via a belt up to a jack shaft and then another belt up the the main horizontal drive shaft which then drives the transmission mounted in the head. it has high and low gears; low gear goes from 50 rpms to 560 rpms and high gear is from 560 to 3750. It's a fantastic range, but the gears in the transmission make quite a bit noise when you wind up the rpms.

Great mill, but still looking for parts or any literature, manuals, etc...that may be floating around out there.

I have a hedwick mill also. Grandfather in law bought it new in 1957. I have exploded view parts lists and some instruction sheets for the power quill feed.. Also the sales brochure. Send me a pm with your email and I will send you scans of what I've got.
As far as parts go, I've never heard or found anything that wasn't a standard bolt, belt or keyway.

I just uploaded two files to the downloads area.
One is the manufacturers brochure, the other are cutaway views of the machine with part numbers and an instruction sheet on the power quill feed.
Part numbers won't help a lot because I have never found a source.

Back