Heavy 10 5c Collet ?????

clm1899

Registered
Registered
I think I know the answer, but maybe not. I just bought my second heavy 10, the first is 1944 with threaded nose spindle. I use the threaded nose protector to remove the 5c collet adapter. On my new 1964 heavy 10, it has a d1-4 spindle nose and a hand lever collet closer [which I have never used before}. it looks like the only way to remove collet adapter is by using a knockout rod after removing collet closer?? Am I right, or is there something I'm missing. there is a spindle nose protector, but it doesn't interact with the collet adapter. Thanks for input.

You have to unbolt the swing arm on the collet closer. Then the sleeve will slide right out of the spindle from the back.

You have to unbolt the swing arm on the collet closer. Then the sleeve will slide right out of the spindle from the back.
That I know, I’m asking if a knockout bar is the only way to remove collet adapter.

Oh yes, for the adapter you can either use a knockout bar, or I’ve tapped on it front the front with a rubber mallet to loosen it up.

Back