Headsup to UK (and maybe other regions) - ArcEuroTrade have 25% discount on Dormer cutting tools (incl. drills obvs.) over this weekend.

SouthernChap

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Just got an email from them:

Weekend Special

25% off all Dormer Products

Simply add products to your basket and the discount will be applied at checkout!

From NOW until Sunday 25th February 2024

Here's the link:

Enjoy...I'm already a touch in the red this month, so I'm going to miss out.:cry: Rather fancied the stub drill set. I have Swisstech stub drills which are fine but I always like to buy Dormer if I get the opportunity.

Thanks for the heads up.

Dormer-made in China?
I think I heard Dormer moved their ops to China.

Dormer-made in China?

Sandvik owns 'em. They could have gone a lot of places. Like, all at once. Multiple sources.

I'm not sure if they fall under the "chunk of Sandvick" that Snap On bought. Probably not, but I dunno either way. Either way though, they're a "global" company.

I've received stubby drills purchased from McMaster that were Dormer and made in Brazil. They were well ground and drilled just fine.

I've received stubby drills purchased from McMaster that were Dormer and made in Brazil. They were well ground and drilled just fine.

That's exactly how I became familiar with the brand. A single stubby drill bit from McMaster... Save for this thread, I've not seen or heard of them before or since.

I love stub length drills! Big cranking saver on the mill :)

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Dormer-made in China?
From Dormer-Pramet's website:

PRODUCTION CAPABILITIES

We have four wholly owned and controlled production facilities in Brazil, USA, India and the Czech Republic, employing more than 1,500 people. Together, these facilities have more than 200-years of manufacturing experience.
From this page: https://www.dormerpramet.com/cz/en/about-us (worth a read, for a bit of history ;) )

Back