Have you made work supports for specific jobs or setups?

HMF

Site Founder
Administrator
Hi there!

Has anyone made any work supports specifically for holding a piece in order to perform a particular operation?

Please show us some photos of what you have made and its application.

Thanks,

Nelson

This might qualify, just did it yesterday. I made an over grown T nut for the compound to mount an axle from a garden tractor to bore it out.
John

author=jghm link=topic=1876.msg12059#msg12059 date=1303861728
This might qualify, just did it yesterday. I made an over grown T nut for the compound to mount an axle from a garden tractor to bore it out.
John

That is exactly what I am talking about- something that either holds the part, like a jig, or keeps it at level while it is fed into a machine, like a fixture with a roller bearing that you would use to slide a piece into the path of a milling machine.

Best,

Nelson

Last edited by a moderator:
Your work on Harley engines is very impressive! One of my friends used to have a K-model sportster that we tore apart years ago to fix the shaft that had broke off of the flywheels, it ran the timing gears, not really knowing the proper way to work on it we winged it, finally got it to run that was in 1970 brings back good memories. I've owned 3 Harleys. My first was a 1952 Panhead,second 1968 xlch, my current one first one for me with electric start is a 1995 ultra classic electra glide 30th anniversary edition probably my last one. I installed a thunder max fuel injection system, with my lap top I can trouble shoot it myself. Other than the fuel injection I've installed a screaming eagle 3 cam, with adjustable pushrods, and rush mufflers. I do all my own work on the bike along with all my own stunts which ain't many anymore, to old,takes to long to heal up after a"hey you all watch this" moment.
I got to say that is one Cool looking cat!

Back