Has anyone used this DRO?

Musky_Hunter

Registered
Registered
Picked this one up from Ebay to go on my bridgeport clone. A guy on another forum scammed me for a $220 on a DRO so I decided to just get this one since the scales were the same as what came on my mill. Hoping it's half was good.

I have had one of those dro's for the past five years or more and got it from I think AliExpress been working flawless

I haven't used that exact seller, but the DRO looks the same as the one on my machine. It works well, matching up with indicators and such. Some of the extra features can be a bit tricky to figure out, like bolt circles and such. The "manual" is badly translated and vague, but after fiddling around I generally figure it out.

I haven't used that exact seller, but the DRO looks the same as the one on my machine. It works well, matching up with indicators and such. Some of the extra features can be a bit tricky to figure out, like bolt circles and such. The "manual" is badly translated and vague, but after fiddling around I generally figure it out.
I have the 3 axis version, and there is an excellent new manual on this site.
I'll see if I can find it if not, I can post it back here.

edit: found it: https://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/chinese-jcs900-3ae-dro-good-manual-found.71020/
see the attached file on that.

I've had an AliExpress dro on my mill for a number of years. Has worked flawlessly. It had an led display, that was unreadable in the afternoon with the sun shining on it. Replaced the working readout with a Chinese LCD screen which is totally readable with the sun shining on it.

Greg

Back