Has Anyone Seen A Lathe Mount For A Proxxon Percision Rotary Tool Fbs

jrdarrah

Registered
Registered
I've used the Alisam Enginnering tool post mount for my dremel and wasn't satisfied with the result. The adapter for my tool holder worked fine, but the Dremel flexed too much. I upgraded to the Proxxon rotary tool that has a metal collar not a threaded one like on the Dremel. I'd like to find and adapter that holds the Proxxon and mounts like the Alisam adapter. Has anyone seen one on the market?

I thought of making one but I don't have the tools. I just have the lathe. I need a holder that clamps around the rotary tool collar. The Little Machine Shop has a holder that works on a mini-lathe and replaces the tool post. A part bolted to it has a hole for the rotary tool collar to fit through and a clamping screw to tighten the holder around the column. I don't want to use any sort of set screws that could damage the tool collar. If I can't find anything else I though of taking the part that holds the tool from the one that LMS sells and bolt it or get it welded to a piece of tool steel that I can clamp into my quick change tool post holders.

How about using a boring bar holder for your quick change tool post

If you have a 4 jaw chuck for your lathe, and a drill press you can make the part.

Thanks for the input. I called Proxxon customer service today and described what I was looking for. It turns out they had the holder but it was only listed under their lathe as an accessory and not cross referenced under the rotary tool I bought. In case anyone else is interested, their part is -- Tool holder for rotary tools
Part #: 24098.

Back