Hardinge Mill Value???

Badge171

Active User
Registered
Hello all
Just purchased a Hardinge mill, Not sure if it will get much use I have a Bridgeport, But ,I do some small Firearm repair occasionally , Any way, what do you all say on the value? I know I did OK. I gave the man 800.$$ I had a little trouble powering up It needed a rotary converter to start, Something about age and duty size of the motor.harding mill 001.JPGharding mill 005.JPGharding mill 007.JPGharding mill 008.JPGharding mill 009.JPG
Best Regards
Frank

harding mill 001.JPG harding mill 005.JPG harding mill 007.JPG harding mill 008.JPG harding mill 009.JPG

That is so beautiful. I bet you could double or triple your investment if you decided to sell it.
It is nice to see Craftsmanship still lives, thanks for sharing. Rich

I agree with Richard. $2500. would not be out of the question for it now. Beautiful workmanship.

"Billy G"

I love Hardinge machines! Beautiful refresh!
That was a deal, even in the shape it appears to have been in when you got it- now beautiful.

Bernie

Frank--that is sure a nice clean-up job.--too bad you live so far away from me, I would be trying to swap items for it.--what size collets does it take? very good job Dave

Thank you all for the kind words , makes me feel real good, Im not sure if I don't just enjoy restoring and cleaning old USA steel. I might be wrong but the collets are BV2 ??.
Im sure some one out there knows. It has a full set, and doubles.. I have to take some pictures of the internals , It has a long round leather belt , and fiber pulleys. The precision, because of it's size is great,
Thanks again
Regards
Frank

Thank you all for the kind words , makes me feel real good, Im not sure if I don't just enjoy restoring and cleaning old USA steel.
Thanks again
Regards
Frank

Frank--I would be glad to have you restore any of my old USA machines--are you ever thinking of moving to Mn----?---Dave
:whistle:

I noticed the size of the table lead screw right off. Look how big it is and compared to some of the cheap imported lead screws made today. Makes one sad when thinking about how it once was here in the good old USA and Canada and how times have changed Thank Goodness we have Hobbyists who love to keep our history in tact. I said in another post that those old American made machines will be running away for 50 or more years and those cheap imports will be buried in the Junk Heap.
Thanks again for sharing your machine. Rich

Back