Hardinge 5" Taper Lock Chuck 30AHC Missing Jaws

G-ManBart

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
A while back I bought a lathe from the estate of a retired machinist and it came with a bunch of extras...most matched the lathe, but not all. In one of the boxes was a nice looking Hardinge 30AHC chuck which is a 5" Taper Lock setup, but it was missing the jaws.

I don't have a matching lathe, so I haven't really done any research on it. I know there are companies that will make jaws, but have no idea if that might even be reasonable for this particular chuck. Is it worth even offering for sale super cheap or is it one of those deals where it would cost more to have a set of jaws made than to just buy a complete chuck? I don't really care about making anything on it, I'd just hate to see it wind up as scrap.

Thoughts?

Take pic and put some dimensions on here . ;)

Take pic and put some dimensions on here . ;)
I took a couple of pictures that I used to do a web search on it...I can post those and get a few overall pics later. I thought about posting it in the classifieds but wasn't sure if it's something anybody would even bother trying to save.

A few pics....I'll add one showing front as well as dimensions later. I just took these to use when I did a web search.

Attachments

• IMG_1303.jpg
    IMG_1303.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1304.jpg
    IMG_1304.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1305.jpg
    IMG_1305.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1306.jpg
    IMG_1306.jpg