harbor freight class action lawsuit gets your recipts

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I figured , thru mine out the same day it came. I hate what lyers have done to this country.

Here is the rub regarding Class Action suits.
Throwing the notice away keeps you as a plaintiff in the suit. You actually are required to request in writing to opt out.
The system is rigged quite well.
On top of that if settlement checks are returned due to addresses that are no longer valid, the funds are not returned to the defendant.

"2. To opt-out:

If you do not want to be in the Class, you must mail written notice of your request to exclude yourself from the Class to the address below postmarked by June 7, 2017. If you timely exclude yourself, you will not receive any benefit under the proposed settlement and you will not be bound by the Court’s decisions. To be excluded, your written notice must state “I request to be excluded from the Beck v. Harbor Freight settlement class.” Your written notice also must contain your name and address, and must be signed and dated by you. Your written notice to be excluded must be signed by the Class Member, and not by anyone else as a representative of a Class Member (unless the Class Member is deceased or incapacitated). Failure to comply with these requirements may result in your opt-out request being invalid. Send written notice of your exclusion request to the following address: National Sale Price Settlement, c/o GCG, PO Box 10351, Dublin, OH 43017-5551."

Take a close look at option 3.

3. To object to the settlement:

Unless you request to be excluded from the Class, you may file a Notice of Intent to Object to any aspect of the proposed settlement or the application by Plaintiff's counsel for attorney’s fees, but you will be bound by the Court’s decisions, even if the Court does not agree with your objections. In order to object, you must send a written Notice of Intent to Object that includes (i) the specific reasons for your objection(s), as well as a detailed statement of the factual and legal reasons you have for each objection; (ii) any evidence you may present at the Settlement Approval Hearing in support of your objection(s), including the names and addresses of witnesses and a summary of their proposed testimony, and copies of any written evidence; (iii) your name, address and telephone number; and (iv) whether you intend to appear at the Hearing.

Not sure I can do it, and meet all the legal eze, but I'm going to write a letter to the court explaining that I never felt scammed by their pricing, and doubt that any reasonable person would have felt scammed. The price they were paying, was , and still is clearly stated, and feel that a settlement that only benefits lawyers is not in anyone's best interest, except for the lawyers.

Opting out only leaves more money in the pot for the lawyers at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back