Hand shaper

Moper361

Registered
Registered
line_1505200694420.jpg Hi All
So my last break I picked up a few items from a garage sale .I mainly purchased the items for the drill bits taps and dies however there was a small very old but in good condition hand shapper see picture attached .
Would like ideas on what it maybe useful for and are they difficult to use

I only paid 200 dollars for all items in pictures so not to fussed if not used a lot line_1505200864486.jpg

Last edited:
I never heard of a hand shaper. It would be fun to check it out and see what it can do...

The shaper you have purchased looks in nice condition, The only thing which seems to be missing is the handle at the top of the tool slide , not a problem to make a replacement , Shapers are very useful little machine tools, Your machine is an Adept, Made by the firm of Fred W Portass in Sheffield England, They stopped production of thes machines in the mid 1960/s I have the power version of this machine, driven by a 1/4 horse Power electric motor for small odd jobs I find it an extremely handy little machine tool

Further to my last posting, Have you got the handle for moving the ram back and forward ? Upon taking a further look at your photograph I cannot see it, If you go into the British site Lathes.Co . U K you will get good info on your machine

Further to my last posting, Have you got the handle for moving the ram back and forward ? Upon taking a further look at your photograph I cannot see it, If you go into the British site Lathes.Co . U K you will get good info on your machine
Hi there
Yes all the little wheels etc are in a plastic bag they have just been removed I think so as not to be damaged when moving etc.
There is a drive handle there but it's a home made version price of flat bar .once I get a chance and have tried the unit I will machine a new handle up

Back