Half Nut Repair

Bamban

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Who has repaired half nuts and willing to do one for a fee? The leadscrew is 7/8x8, it is for my Taiwanese made ACER 1236. The company dropped the support for this lathe and they are not much help in terms of parts and they don't even have the manual any more that they could possibly cross reference to their existing product line.

Please PM me if interested in doing the project.

Thank you.

nez

Hey Nez, Can you use one from a G9249 (Grizzly's 1236 version of your Jet 1024?) The manual states it's a 7/8"-8 tpi, though the part # says it's an M25

G9249 Dimensions

Bed Width.............................................................................................................................................. 7-1/8 in.
Leadscrew Diameter................................................................................................................................. 7/8 in.
Leadscrew TPI........................................................................................................................................... 8 TPI
Leadscrew Length..................................................................................................................................... 45 in.
Faceplate Size........................................................................................................................................... 10 in.
Feed Rod Diameter.................................................................................................................................. 3/4 in.
Floor to Center Height......................................................................................................................... 44-1/2 in.

Parts List: https://www.grizzly.com/products/g9249/parts
Halfnut: https://www.grizzly.com/parts/P9249316 $147

Attachments

• Grizzly 12x37 Belt Lathe Manual g9249_m (dragged).pdf
    70.6 KB · Views: 430
What failed on the half nut? If the threads, I have done several, most lately, a early 1900s Monarch 9" swing. Contact me at york@napanet.net John York

DAT510,

Thank you for such a quick response. Appreciate all the information.

John,

I sent you an email.

Nez

These drawings are in my Central Machinery's (Harbor Freight) 12x36 gear-head lathe manual. Don't know if it is of any help, but here they are!

lathe nuts 1.jpg lathe nuts 2.jpg

Back