Hager tool grinder

dlane

Active User
Registered
picked this up and hoping to find a operator manual for it, google didn't turn up much
IMG_0860.JPG
IMG_0858.JPG
IMG_0861.JPG
It was made in New York , anybody have any info for it.
Thanks

IMG_0859.JPG

Seems manuals are nonexistent, Guess I'll clean the goop out of coolent tank , put a new belt on it,
clean everything up , the fixturing device graduations have light rust .
The coolent belt is round leather 3/8" needs new connector,
Talked to the guys at diamond abrasive sent pics he said the wheels are still good the right one is for side grinding. Not sure it will do what I was hoping but I'll get it to do somthing useful .

Derrick, I had a look around for manuals too......but no luck, either.

I did find a website for Hager (http://www.hagermachine.com/), but they don't list a tool like that, so I'm not even sure it's the same company. They list a Texas address.

It looks like a phone number on that oval yellow label. Maybe you can find something that way?

Good Luck!
-brino

I think the round belt only has a wire ring for a connector. Being 3/8" YA may be able to get two rings , it should help with the way the belt wraps around them in use. There are quite a few of those machines still around , must be some paper somewhere. I've seen several in the past few years. Those and Hammond . The people who buy them new learn how to use them and put the manual away . Then when it's sold the manual gets thrown out , with new machines now they should put a memory chip with all the specs and manual right in the machine . That way the next owner could just scan and be able fix or run it. Don't think there doing it yet but they should be.
Hey good idea any body want to use my idea , send me ten percent of the profits ill be happy.

Those were pretty common in Swiss Screw Machine Shops to grind tools. Nice find.

Got the coolent pump working today, it was pretty gooped up with crystallized stuff in it, good now
I called the Texas Hager co, they gave me a phone # and a girls name to call , she wasn't there today I'll try tomorrow, I'm not getting my hopes up tho

Last edited:
Hey... it's been a few years, but I saw this post and was wondering if you ever found a manual? I just bought one of these and it's complete with EVERTHING, including a collet holder and collets... all the accessories. I just want to find a manual if I can. BoB

Back