Grizzly White/cream Colored Paint Equivalent?

I finally found one that's pretty darn close. Rustoleum Appliance Epoxy spray in Almond (7882830). The girl at the HD sprayed a small spot on the back headstock cover plate off my G4003G. She dried it and came back to me and I couldn't tell where she painted it. I had to really study it good to finally see it. Close enough for me. I'm spraying the chip tray first, which required the most touchup. I've used this appliance epoxy paint before and it's held up well. We'll see how it goes.

PS, thanks RJ. I used to work paint at local hardware store a few years ago so I'm familiar with tinting, color matching, etc.. The problem these days is due to the govt the paint companies are changing their chemistries and a lot of stores are phasing out the old oil-based (good stuff) paints. Modern oil based paints are good but not as good, IMO, as the old stuff from >5-6 years ago. I tried all the local paint places and no one could match up this color into an oil based paint, which I still can't believe. It was either latex or enamel (and not the enamel of old!)

Here's what IH white looks like on my mill (the ring in the middle):

DSCN1404.JPG

It's very, very close but just a shade off. Good enough for me and who knows how much consistency Grizzly has in their paint colors from year to year.

Back