Grizzly GO709 question

Booshwayman

Registered
Registered
The emergency foot brake stop does not stay up. It seems that a spring has detached. Does anyone know what the problem could be, or where to start looking? Thank You.

Probably a clevis pin through the pull bar at the pedal arm or at the brake arm has lost its e-clip and has fallen out. That is if the brake no longer works. Or the spring has detached from one end or the other if the brake still works.

There are 3 springs, a large one inside the cabinet & 2 small ones for the drum shoes. It's not likely for one of them to break or get detached but anything is possible.

The foot pedal connects to the pull arm assy with roll pins. I would check those first, either one snapped or one fell out. If it fell out it didn't have the right size pin. If the large spring got detached, you'll definitely notice it inside the cabinet.

Here's a shot of the brake assembly from the G0709 manual (page 102). Like Will mentioned above, 3 springs but the extension one circled is the one holding the foot pedal up. Could be the spring has slipped off, broken or perhaps the crank arm on the pedal axle has slipped.

Bruce

Capture.JPG Capture2.JPG

Probably a clevis pin through the pull bar at the pedal arm or at the brake arm has lost its e-clip and has fallen out. That is if the brake no longer works. Or the spring has detached from one end or the other if the brake still works.
thank you

Here's a shot of the brake assembly from the G0709 manual (page 102). Like Will mentioned above, 3 springs but the extension one circled is the one holding the foot pedal up. Could be the spring has slipped off, broken or perhaps the crank arm on the pedal axle has slipped.

Bruce

View attachment 239663 View attachment 239664
Thank you, I will check the pins, then if not , the spring.

There are 3 springs, a large one inside the cabinet & 2 small ones for the drum shoes. It's not likely for one of them to break or get detached but anything is possible.

The foot pedal connects to the pull arm assy with roll pins. I would check those first, either one snapped or one fell out. If it fell out it didn't have the right size pin. If the large spring got detached, you'll definitely notice it inside the cabinet.

thanks, that makes sense. I will check.

Back