Grizzly GO 727 mill has grown

100_0410.JPG

So I made a knurled adapter to hold the dial and the crank but still bolted on the stock shaft the handle was welded ,shaped and ground to achive this shape it is now 4 inches long and makes a world of differance. Ray

100_0410.JPG

100_0412.JPG

I also made the handle come off to expose 10mm allen wrench I use to reposition the crank and to tighten up my collets on top...

100_0412.JPG

Grizzly should be reading this form and updating their machine's. All customers would benefit from the improvements that their customer's come up with, free R & D.

I just made another update the lead screw that lifts the table was 16 tpi with the present gear ratio that lifted the table 1/32 per rev. I now made a new Acme screw 3/4 dia at 8 tpi this gives me 1/16 per rev. and makes the dial direct read instead of indirect.

I always wanted to make a Acme screw. Got to make one sometime.

100_0414.JPG
Here is a shot of the new lead screw with the stock old one next to it the new one I made is 8 TPI the old is 16 TPI the new one has a brass lead screw nut the old one is cast.

View attachment 50901

- - - Updated - - -

100_0415.JPG

Sorry about the poor quality of the photo but here is the new longer DRO I installed I will build a cover for it next.. Ray

100_0414.JPG 100_0415.JPG

Last edited:
100_0416.JPG

After mounting the DRO's I made some covers to protect the DRO sending unit from chips. I bent these up out of pre-painted aluminum. Ray

- - - Updated - - -

100_0417.JPG

Here is the one for the crossfeed.. Ray

100_0416.JPG 100_0417.JPG

Last edited:
That is a great line up of mods you have done to your mill. Seeing what it was, and all you have done, makes me wonder why they didn't make them this way. Maybe you should make up a kit to sell with all your improvments.

Great looking job :thumbsup:

This shows you can make big improvements to the original design.

I will be visiting Grizzly's main store this spring maybe I better bring some photos.. Ray

Back