Grizzly GO 727 mill has grown

Hi Ray,
never mind about the dividing head/rotary table. I found your other thread. There certainly is a lot of useful stuff in this site. Thanks for taking the time to share your efforts with us.

john

Hah, I see our notes passed in the mail. Now we're playing from the same charts

Last edited:
Hi Ray,
Have you continued to use this mill since the very impressive upgrades? If so, can you share some of its uses with us? And regretting that I didn't ask earlier, what did you cut the dovetail on?

best regards,

John

Thanks for the reply, Yes I use this mill all the time I have modified it since again by making a longer nut for the table and new lead screw. The extra room really is nice to have the dove tail was cut on an angled table I should have bought a piece of cast iron maybe in the future. If anyone buys any of these Asian mills I would recommend tearing it down and re-assembling it. I found alot of parts either adjusted wrong or assembled wrong check them out carefully. Ray

Here are some of the projects I have done on this mill it works just like the big boys.
100_0691.JPG

A new beefier compound for my Atlas 10 inch lathe

100_0691.JPG

100_0702.JPG

A new upper slide that is longer and beefier for the same lathe

- - - Updated - - -

100_0696.JPG

End result.

- - - Updated - - -

100_0715.JPG

End result painted

- - - Updated - - -

100_0773.JPG

I also made a new lower slide longer beefier I made this out of a piece of a man hole cover.

- - - Updated - - -

100_0777.JPG

Here it is completed all work real well. It did not generate a lot of interest I suppose because it takes away from the originalty of the lathe even though it made the lathe much better and more accurate. I also have made gears for this lathe on this mill a new lead screw which required 4' of keyway and a QCTP that worked out really nice all done on this little mill. It may have been made in China but it was redesigned in America..

100_0702.JPG 100_0696.JPG 100_0715.JPG 100_0773.JPG 100_0777.JPG

Last edited:
Nothing could be further from the truth! It peaked my intrest!

Again, great job. Cudos to you!

Thank you for the nice comment...The acme nut to the right is the stock one i left it there the brass one is the one I fabricated it is almost 3 inches long. there was plenty of room so why not. The table is much more stable under heavy cuts. Ray

100_0753.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

100_0568.JPG

Here is the start of the first gear I cut.

- - - Updated - - -

100_0575.JPG

And here is the final product I just wanted to show that if setup right and dumb designs are fixed these little mills can perform very nice. Dont get me wrong I have seen and have modified some poor american built mill and lathe designs this just shows what can be done to make them last longer and perform better. Thanks for lookin.. Ray

100_0753.JPG 100_0568.JPG 100_0575.JPG

Back