Grizzly G9729 3-in-one

LX Kid

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Hello everyone! This is my first post with my new Grizzly 12x36 3-In-One. Still getting it all tramed, lubed and casting sand out of the major assemblies. Already done a few mods to make things better. Added a Shars tool post, got rid of the carriage gib set screws and made bolts that can be adjusted from outside and replaced bad carriage drive gear that rides on rack to name a few.

20150404_194425_zpsqgyjlrdz.jpg

ef8291d0-6db9-4ceb-be0c-9f9fe488caac_zps8sserkko.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome aboard the site.
That looks like a very sturdy and useful machine.
I hope you get years of fun out of it.
-brino

Thanks Brino. I had a lot of problem with the carriage travel being soo rough and binding. I ordered a new pivot gear because the one that came on the machine was so cruedly made and rusty. The one I received wasn't much better so I worked it with a diamond file. The carriage gear box was also causing it to bind so I added .004" shim at the rear to level the gear on the rack. Works much better now after listening to music, for two hours, and hand cranking it back and forth to wear it in. Maybe this will help others that have the same problem.

20150430_145259_zpstgussdfd.jpg

20150430_145008_zpsebrj6hwa.jpg

I've bought a treadmill for it motor and controller to make my lathe variable speed. Have most everything to do the mod just waiting for the "guts" to jump in and get-r-done.

Back