Grizzly G4003g Purchase Or Wait?

jjtgrinder

JJTGRINDER
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I have decided to buy a G4003G and a taper attachment. I see they have a slight discount now. I don't follow Grizzly often, should I wait a few weeks for a deeper discount or "pull the trigger" and order one? If someone just recently bought one, will it come with the chuck shown or something else. Sheet metal or cast metal stand?

There is no way to predict a "deeper discount" with Grizzly that I know of. Last one I heard of shipped with steel stand and one-piece jaws.

Duplicate post deleted.

Last edited:
The stands/bases look the same as on my 5-yr old 4003G, which are cast iron and heavy. I'll be welding angle iron onto them this weekend to increase the footprint and allow me to more easily secure the bases to the floor. After speaking with a few old machinists and reading here and there I go with securing my machines to the floor. As Bill said, I'd order it now. It's on sale and in-stock. Get...it..now! :)

The g4003g I received in December has 2 peice jaws. I think my bases were made with both sheet metal and castings.

I think the bases are no longer as heavy as they were years ago (which were cast iron IIRC).

$150 is about the most discount you will see on this machine. The only heavier discounts Grizzly offers are when they discontinue a product.

The exception to this is that Grizzly has a 5 or 10% veteran/military coupon once or twice a year. Also, a 10% off coupon shows up in woodworking magazines in early spring.

BTW the current discount is the summer sale... which ends tomorrow.

No rush...

Don't count on the accessories being exactly as pictured. They change, and Grizzly isn't going to let you exchange it for what is in the picture.

This machine will probably go on sale again for Christmas.

Last edited:
Buy it now before the discount goes away. They are rare at Grizzly.

I just received a G4003G in January. I didn't see any cast material in them at all. It is all steel from what I could tell.

One stand weighs around 50 lbs, the other probably 75lbs. Give or take.

Welded just fine too.

I agree with the others, the sales are rare. The g4003g is priced pretty good now. Buy it.

Back