Grizzly G0709 On The Way!

...Pull the side cover make sure belts and gears are OK, proper clearance on the gears.

On mine, the key from the pulley on the motor extruded itself while I was doing th break in. Check to make sure it is tight.

When you level it, stack some parallels on each side of the v on the bed since one v is higher that the other so it will be true. Use a machinest level. The more true it is the better it will cut.
Yeah, I started out by leveling across the vee's using a pair of vee-blocks. I felt like an idiot when I got done and only then realized they were at different heights.

A pair of 123 blocks is just the ticket; place them on the ways and put a level on top of that.

Well the break in went well. No weird noises or vibration. Very smooth. No oil leaks.

On mine, the key from the pulley on the motor extruded itself while I was doing th break in. Check to make sure it is tight.

Yeah, I started out by leveling across the vee's using a pair of vee-blocks. I felt like an idiot when I got done and only then realized they were at different heights.

A pair of 123 blocks is just the ticket; place them on the ways and put a level on top of that.
I had mine out of level too then remembered someone saying the vee's where off, it definitely threw it off. I used a starret 98 for now until I can get the 199.

Back