Grizzly G0695 Mill Power Feed Questions

The unit in your link is for the x axis. I have a g0695. I bought it used and it had the x axis power feed. It worked so well that I got lazy and decided that I needed a Z axis power feed as well. (I got tired of 10 turns per inch with the crank). The unit that I purchased was a higher torque model specifically for the z axis. If I recall correctly, it was about $340 or so when I got it. (18 - 20 months ago). It was for a Bridgeport. I could not find any other z axis power feeds. I had to do some serious modifications to fit it to the Grizzly. The Bridgeport has a much smaller engagement nut on the crank. I ended up cutting off the last part of the original grizzly shaft at the bearing and adding the new shaft and gear assembly to it. I hate to admit it but I never completely finished it! The part that I didn't finish was to re-connect the original crank. I really need to do that even though I never use the crank. All I need to do is to make a small extension for the new z crank shaft and cut a groove for the snap ring. The only issue that I have with the z axis power feed is that it will hit the "chip catch frame" when the table is lowered all the way down. I reversed the position of that frame. It has one removable side so I just remove it when the table has to go all the way down. I know that you will ask where I got it. I don't remember!!! CDCO has one on their site. I have purchased a lot of stuff (and some real junk) from them in the past. I do seem to get what I pay for there! :)

I added power feed to my Grizzly Mill Z axis using a unit designed for a Bridgeport mill. There were a number of things that had to be made or machined to make it work but that was part of the fun. It works perfectly and I have been real happy with the outcome. I did retain a manual crank because there are times when you need to move the table up .o10 inches. Good luck fitting == Jack

Thanks guys for sharing. I think that the Z axis is on the back burner for now. Maybe a winter project. I will be moving forward with the X axis though. Grizzly has a supposedly direct fit power feed. It is about $150 +/- than the Precision Mathews and looks identical. We will see.

Back