Grizzly G0678 or G0695 Mill

I have a G0695. What would you like to know? I don't have many hours on it yet. Overall, I like it. I had some vibration issues at first. Once I got them sorted out, I am pleased.

I see the last response was a month ago but if the OP is still following I have the Grizzly G0695 mill also. The only things that stand out other than the listed specs that I have found are these.
1. Rubber products, belt and way covers are dried out or of poor quality. I had to replace them both. Grizzly did send another belt but it took forever.
2. The turret that the ram mounts into had to be shimmed .001 in the front to get the head in tram. Now my head trams within .0005 in Y. This doesn't pose a problem for me because I never rotate my ram.
3. The central oiler puts too much oil into the X ways. Should have some kind of restrictor in that line. Not a big problem
4. I put digitals on mine (glass scales) X, Y and the knee. For the quill I made up a bracket to hold a 1.00 travel indicator. I tried using a cut down caliper but it didn't work well.
5. If you put more weight on the ends of the table than in the middle the X axis will drag a little. I have a Kurt 5 inch vise in the middle of my table with generally a small dividing head adjacent to it for quicky jobs. If I move the table so that the dividing head is out a ways from center the smoothness of the X reduces.
6. The variable speed with reverse is nice as is the built in 3 ph. converter.
The main reason I bought this mill was it had to go in my basement shop and it could be disassembled. The column was a little unwieldy but manageable. Overall I'm pretty happy with it but then I came from a round column Enco mill drill.
gbritnell

Back