Grizzly G0670 16x40 Taiwan Variable Speed Lathe

36% off is a huge discount for Grizzly. My guess is they way over priced these and they have been gathering dust in their warehouse. Did you notice the $2,000 freight charge they are smoking freaking crack. Grizzly also cheaped out on the stand it should be a one piece cast iron stand.

No way I'd buy one of these I'm done with China and Taiwan machines. For this kind of money I'd buy a monster Mori Seiki MS850, MS1050, or MS1250. I know where there's a nice MS1250 for $5k, its stupid that I have not already purchased it.

Last edited:
36% off is a huge discount for Grizzly. My guess is they way over priced these and they have been gathering dust in their warehouse. Did you notice the $2,000 freight charge they are smoking freaking crack. Grizzly also cheaped out on the stand it should be a one piece cast iron stand.

No way I'd buy one of these I'm done with China and Taiwan machines. For this kind of money I'd buy a monster Mori Seiki MS850, MS1050, or MS1250. I know where there's a nice MS1250 for $5k, its stupid that I have not already purchased it.

There is an outfit in the Phoenix area that lists used Japanese and European machines. In good condition they are still a bit more than the Chinese/Tiawanese stuff. Would be nice to acquire a 16x40 though...

Did you notice the $2,000 freight charge they are smoking freaking crack.
That is pretty funny. Reminds me of the bad old bay days when people would sell stuff for $5 that could be shipped in a flat rate box, and charge $100 S&H.

The G0670 (which is the same machine essentially but is 500# heavier because of the one piece base) has a shipping charge of only $500.

Other of the larger SB lathes (that are on sale for $6-7k off) all have the normal shipping charge.

Regardless, I suspect that we will soon be seeing a smaller SB lathe product line. With so many machines, if the demand is not high enough, it must be a nightmare to warehouse them. Maybe they will neck down to a dozen machines that are advertised on Grizzly and warehoused, and the rest on the SB website to make it look huge. Out of the 41! SB lathes on the Grizzly website, 27 of them are on sale at a significant discount.

For this kind of money I'd buy a monster Mori Seiki MS850, MS1050, or MS1250. I know where there's a nice MS1250 for $5k, its stupid that I have not already purchased it.

Pictures or it didn't happen.... :D :D

Back