Grizzly For A Beginner

I bought mine from MSC Direct:

https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/00449447?item=00449447

I normally steer clear of them (and non-brand name import stuff), since their normal prices are very expensive, but IIRC I got it on a 35% off coupon, which made this affordable and I have no complaints about the indicator. I liked it enough to go back and buy another.

One of these days I need to install a DRO...

Do you have a pickup truck or trailer to haul it up there drive way?

All I've ran is a great head which after about two years it still isn't smooth enough to change gears on the fly. I need mine almost stopped or completely stopped to change gears. Except for cutting direction which I don't change on the fly often but that one is actually easier to change on the fly.

I really agree with what he said in the threads dial. When it is almost in position I put slight pressure on it & let it drop into the right place. I sometimes get distracted & have to wait on the next time around.

Getting the thing up the driveway with the tractor is what I am worried about the most. I have a 300' driveway with a bit of an incline, there is no way the tractor trailer can get up it my driveway, so that will be my responsibility. It is a gravel driveway so a pallet jack is out. My option is the tractor.

That is why I always pick up machines at the freight terminal with my landscape trailer. I too have a 300 ft winding gravel driveway, and if an 18 wheeler managed to make it in, it would never get out again.

If you don't have a trailer, than I would recommend rent8ing a hydraulic drop deck trailer. Sunbelt rents them for $75/day. You can roll the machine off it with a pallet jack.

That is why I always pick up machines at the freight terminal with my landscape trailer. I too have a 300 ft winding gravel driveway, and if an 18 wheeler managed to make it in, it would never get out again.

If you don't have a trailer, than I would recommend rent8ing a hydraulic drop deck trailer. Sunbelt rents them for $75/day. You can roll the machine off it with a pallet jack.

Not a bad idea. I have a trailer.

The terminal is over an hour away from me. I just meet them up the road a couple of miles from me. My big mill was to much for me to handle so I stopped at the hardware store & asked them to move it from the truck to the trailer. I do give them business but I don't spend a bunch there. If is good to have a good report with them tho. They like knowing what I'm fading when I come in. They already seem really interested.

Back