Grizzly Customer Service, Still Good?

Ed of all trades

Registered
Registered
I have been reading a lot of reviews on band saws lately and the reviews in Grizzly seem to have a lot of problems with their customer service department. What has your experience with them been. I like the looks of some of their equipment but service on China made equipment is everything. Ed

Grizz has been good for me. Ordered a tool grinder when the stars liked up and discounts were good and am waiting on it. Reviews seem to indicate shipping damage with other buyers so I will see. Bought a dial indicator and magnetic holder from Shars recently. Part of the holder was missing and the one that was sent was beat up and in a ragged box. Took ten days for customer service to understand what I needed and ship it. Shars has been good but couldn't believe the all the correspondence to get a $4.00 replacement part.

I have not had any issue with their customer service I would rate it good.

Just had a Grizzly 12in horizontal metal cutting bandsaw delivered and very pleased with shipping and quality of saw -- Also have Grizzly mill and 8in spiral head long bed jointer (woodwork) -- Jack

I believe the biggest negative issue with Grizzly will be when they discontinue the product, then no parts after their parts in warehouse are exhausted. For years they made a nice belt drive 12 x 37 lathe, made in Taiwan about the same price as their 12 x 36 gear head Chinese lathe. The belt drive vanished from catalog and parts are on longer available. That could happen with any brand but Grizzly has a boatload of lathe and mill models and they come and go.

michael

I had heard that people were having problems with new band saws and Grizzly would not make it right. I know it is hard to tell when it is the company or the nuts that have no idea of anything having to do with anything on machines. Sometimes it is easy like the lady that said that the add said that the band saw had two wheels and hers did not have any and she wanted to move it around. :laughing:

Very good customer service, and they still give you catalogs yearly.

I just purchased several parts for my G0602 lathe for a mod I was making and they were very good. Online parts catalog and order were great with very quick delivery and low prices.

Purchased a 17 inch wood/metal band saw 220V variable speed - Best investment in a long time - sure beats cutting by hand - called Customer Support to find out various bits of information - very very helpful - Tech didn't know how to answer 1 question I had - he said that he would call back - within 30 minutes, the question was answered - The tech I spoke with seemed to be concerned about my problems and/or questions and they were resolved within a few hours - could not ask for better service. I just wish they would have free or reduced shipping or 10% off like some other companies.

I purchased a G4003G lathe and a G0755 mill/drill from Grizzly. The lathe arrived with no problems but UPS destroyed two (2) G0755 mills before finally the third time I received one with no damage. Grizzly's customer service dept. was first rate, I provided them with photos and the mils were replaced without hesitation. I later purchased an H7762 tool grinder which arrived with a bursted package with no drip pans and one grinding wheel marked a little. Again Grizzly shipped me two drip pans and a new grinding wheel without delay or hesitation. Grizzly's customer service department was kind, courteous and helpful every time I had occasion to call or e-mail them, in my book their customer service is first rate.

Back