Grizzly 0704 dead

My present house, yes. Before that no. Giving it some thought I wouldn't be surprised if the utility has more protection in place than usual given we have so much lightning. Sorry for derailing the thread ;) back to the topic...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Called Grizzly and they said probably the digital display part of the circuit board is out, Cost of new board 40 plus shipping.
Everything else on the mill is working. I looked on eBay and I can get a digital tack for 15 dollars shipped. So that is what I am going to do. Once I start using it and checking the speed if will be easy to kind of get used to where the variable speed knob needs to be to get the rpm close.

Also ordered a 4 inch vise, collet set, edge finder, set of parallel's, center drills, test indicator, and mag base with dial indicator and a hand full of end mills from CME.

Chips will ill be flying soon

made some chips got it going

If you need to buy tooling check out Complete Manufactures Equipment Corp in Madison Hts Michigan

they had a four inch (kurt type) with swivel base for 76.00 R8 collets for 4.00each got 5 10 bar set of parallels 1/8 inch for 25 test indicator for 22 also got a mag base with arms and one inch indicator. 1 thru 5 center drills edge finder and four end mills all shipped for 228. ordered on the 19 and got delivered today by UPS. Yea it is all made in China but so was the mill. I mounted the vise and thru in a piece of alum. chips were flying. Now need to
tram it in and make sure the vise is squared up. Soon I will be ready to start that new pistol I want to build do some custom cutting on some 1911 slides

Called Grizzly and they said probably the digital display part of the circuit board is out, Cost of new board 40 plus shipping.
Everything else on the mill is working. I looked on eBay and I can get a digital tack for 15 dollars shipped. So that is what I am going to do. Once I start using it and checking the speed if will be easy to kind of get used to where the variable speed knob needs to be to get the rpm close.

Also ordered a 4 inch vise, collet set, edge finder, set of parallel's, center drills, test indicator, and mag base with dial indicator and a hand full of end mills from CME.

Chips will ill be flying soon

I also saw several tach modules that would probably work in place of the one originally in it for about $10 shipped. Might have to add a resistor for the LED side of the sensor and did not take any measurement of the original to see if the panel would need to be modified, but just another option to get the built in tach going again for less than the Grizzly part.

Back