Grinding Wheel Question...??

Scapulamanci

Registered
Registered
Hello, my name is Seth and I'm a general shop worker- we manufacture tensile and test specimens for various engineering schools from a large range of metals. Before we moved our shop to our current location (Auburn, CA) we had to disassemble a large hydraulic grinder and donated it to another family shop. However, we have a stack of four large disc grinding wheels that were originally manufactured in the UK. (20" x 3" medium grit). I'm curious if these are sought after. I looked them up and there wasn't much information. They are currently just taking up space. We don't grind and they don't fit the older machine we had. Are these worth putting on e-bay?

Last edited:
Put them on eBay and see what happens. I don't believe there is anyone here that has grinding equipment that big in their shops. Don't mean they don't know someone that does. Worst come to worst, use them for pave stones for a new sidewalk, just saying.

Those seem to go to a centerless OD grinder. How big is the center hole and what grit? Medium grit really says nothing.

"Billy G"

They are 20x2 and 1/2 x 12. I couldn't find factual information on the grit on the wheels themselves and the only tag was from the UK and finding information via the website was pretty impossible. Gardner Yellow Rim, which is a resin bond type. I just found and emailed the company their serial numbers to see if they could access it in their archives.

Back