Great deal on a broach set

Yeah, I've gotten several outrageous deals over the years due to typos/ad mistakes. Can't remember even one that was not honored.

I got the same refund with no explanation 2 days after it was "shipped". Of course, tracking # came up awaiting item, & still does, for that matter. I too won't do business with these folks in the future.
Mark

So it looks like the may have posted their wholesale acquisition cost of $40; for which they charge the consumer $318. Yep, probably will stay far away from these people in the future. Do not buy list for sure.

I got a catalogue from CME, I think they were one of my ebay purchases over the last few weeks. In it are some broaches, look like the set from Bolton, 95.00. I don't know if they are the same quality, or the same factory made them, not even sure if this catalogue is over priced, but seems like they probably ****** off alot of people all throughout the machining world with the way they did that... it does not appear they honored any of the orders...

In a way you can't blame them. They can't stay in business if they give products away at less than their cost + overhead. I know I've had to go to an occasional customer and say "Hey man, I made a mistake and . . ." You just have to hope the customer understands.
However, I would never just not provide the service and refund the money. They should have been honest with each order and maybe offered some alternative deal.

it does not appear they honored any of the orders...
Seems hman OP's friend got a set, I had to log in to find out order was cancelled, while I was at It i left them a note :mad:

I wish, been looking for steel banding, everything I see is plastic or poly these days. I could use a few feet of banding for springs to hold my parallels.

My work throws away large quantities of steel banding every week. I can ship some to you if you wanna pay the shipping cost.

In a way you can't blame them. They can't stay in business if they give products away at less than their cost + overhead. I know I've had to go to an occasional customer and say "Hey man, I made a mistake and . . ." You just have to hope the customer understands.
However, I would never just not provide the service and refund the money. They should have been honest with each order and maybe offered some alternative deal.

I agree with Groundhog, I think that it's the way that they are not honoring the price is what isn't right. Every one makes mistakes and I agree that you can't stay in business selling below your cost. I think that they could have saved some future customers if they would have emailed to everyone who placed an order and said simply that the price was in error and your card has been credited. Maybe offer 10% off your next order.
I think that most people would understand and leave it at that, but to just cancel the order leaves a bad taste in people's mouths.

Back