Great deal on a broach set

hman

Active User
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Bolton Tools has a fantastic price on an inch keyway broach set ... $40.88 including shipping.

http://boltontool.com/12-264-S03?search=10a broach set

I was just at a Valley Metals (Phoenix area) club meeting today and one of the members had one he'd just purchased. Looked pretty nice. Four widths, seven sizes of arbors. Don't know how well it will hold up, but it'll probably be OK for the occasional use I might give it.

Not to get picky at that price but there don't seem to be any shims (at least in the picture or description).

That's probably one of the reasons for the lower price, the other might be quaility, but at that price it's worth a try if you need it.

Yes, that is a mighty attractive price! A new set of American made ones like that will cost 10 to 15 times that. The used ones on ebay are ridiculously priced. If the Bolton kit has no shims, make some from cheapy automotive feeler gauges.

BTW, I am jealous that you apparently have a metalworking club in your area. That sure would be nice.

The set I saw had shims. I just ordered a set, and I will report on it when it arrives. Unfortunately, I won't be able to put to an actual test. My arbor presses are packed away and I'm in the process of moving/combining my Oregon and Tempe shops into a newly purchased house/shop in nearby Chandler, AZ.

Last edited:
This set is almost 1/2 the price I paid from Enco when it was on-sale and with a % off discount. A broach set is one of those things that is out of site out of mind until you need it. At this price I'd take the chance
Thanks for posting the link, I'm looking at other goodies that they sell

I tried finding the sizes on the site but none come up . Ill buy one if it's from 3/8 or 1/2" and up. Got to watch some of these things listed like that . I have the small set , but need the 5/8" on up .

Go to link you will find sizes.
Dave

Back