• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • PLEASE: Read the FORUM RULES BEFORE registering!

Great deal on a broach set

JPigg55

Active User
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
I just checked my order status.
It was "Cancelled".
I figured. Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

richl

Active User
I wonder how many were sold and shipped before they found this out... oh well, it was nice dreaming anyway

hman

Active User
Well, when I got an email from Bolton on 10/16, they said my order had shipped ... and my credit card was charged $40.88 on 10/17. But then on 10/19 the charge was refunded to my card. Guess I'm SOL like all the rest of you.

My apologies for getting your hopes up :(

ddickey

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
I bought on Ebay and the same thing happened. They said they had run out of stock and it would be 9 weeks to get more so instead of asking if I wanted to wait they just refunded me. Lol

Alan H

They canceled my son's order and he didn't know it until he checked two days later. He sent them a note asking why he didn't get a notice of cancellation and they said it was a pricing error. He then suggested they might want to let people know regardless.

Glenn Brooks

Yep, me to. Thanks for your business, then a refund notice the next day. darn.

Doubleeboy

Active User
I ordered and they charged me last Sunday, by Tuesday morning they had cancelled and refunded. I will return to my previous position, all things from Bolton are over priced chinese rebranded tools and worthy of being ignored.

dlane

Active User
Order cancelled, going to call cc company see if refunded

Reeltor

Active User
Not for nothing but when Enco made a pricing error they lived with it and shipped all products ordered prior to them discovering their error. I thought that they (Bolton) had some interesting products but now I wont order from them.

Last edited:

Groundhog

Yeah, I've gotten several outrageous deals over the years due to typos/ad mistakes. Can't remember even one that was not honored.

marcusp323

Active User
I got the same refund with no explanation 2 days after it was "shipped". Of course, tracking # came up awaiting item, & still does, for that matter. I too won't do business with these folks in the future.
Mark

Glenn Brooks

So it looks like the may have posted their wholesale acquisition cost of $40; for which they charge the consumer $318. Yep, probably will stay far away from these people in the future. Do not buy list for sure.

richl

Active User
I got a catalogue from CME, I think they were one of my ebay purchases over the last few weeks. In it are some broaches, look like the set from Bolton, 95.00. I don't know if they are the same quality, or the same factory made them, not even sure if this catalogue is over priced, but seems like they probably pissed off alot of people all throughout the machining world with the way they did that... it does not appear they honored any of the orders...

Groundhog

In a way you can't blame them. They can't stay in business if they give products away at less than their cost + overhead. I know I've had to go to an occasional customer and say "Hey man, I made a mistake and . . ." You just have to hope the customer understands.
However, I would never just not provide the service and refund the money. They should have been honest with each order and maybe offered some alternative deal.

dlane

Active User
it does not appear they honored any of the orders...
Seems hman OP's friend got a set, I had to log in to find out order was cancelled, while I was at It i left them a note :mad:

toploader

Iron
Registered Member
I wish, been looking for steel banding, everything I see is plastic or poly these days. I could use a few feet of banding for springs to hold my parallels.
My work throws away large quantities of steel banding every week. I can ship some to you if you wanna pay the shipping cost.

Reeltor

Active User
In a way you can't blame them. They can't stay in business if they give products away at less than their cost + overhead. I know I've had to go to an occasional customer and say "Hey man, I made a mistake and . . ." You just have to hope the customer understands.
However, I would never just not provide the service and refund the money. They should have been honest with each order and maybe offered some alternative deal.
I agree with Groundhog, I think that it's the way that they are not honoring the price is what isn't right. Every one makes mistakes and I agree that you can't stay in business selling below your cost. I think that they could have saved some future customers if they would have emailed to everyone who placed an order and said simply that the price was in error and your card has been credited. Maybe offer 10% off your next order.
I think that most people would understand and leave it at that, but to just cancel the order leaves a bad taste in people's mouths.

Silverbullet

Guess mines cancelled too. Thought it would be here by now . I got no notice at all.
Ps just left them a nasty bait n switch ,and not even let me know they cancelled . Said I tell everyone there actions . Just venting I guess but I hope they lose customers now.

Last edited:

Silverbullet

I did mention I was on several machinist and inventors sites . It won't mean anything but we spread the word there prices are bait n switch . There new price of $318.88 really for China junk .

Container Above bottom breadcrumb