Great Craiglist find

promaster60

Registered
Registered
I just bought 2 kearney & trecker mill vises off craigslist for $60 a little rusty no holes drill in them ! And screws are great shape, I do need to make new jaws and Would like to find a swivel base for one of them. They are very heavy about 250 lbs each, great vise for my #3 cincinnati dual power mill . Any body have a extra swivel base ?

Good for you. :encourage:

Any chance we can see them?

Good for you. :encourage:

Any chance we can see them?
All tore apart, sandblasted, new jaws almost done and will recut .812 keyway to .875 screws soaking in cleaner ! heres the mill they are going on looking for some spec. on the quill feed dial indicator that was missing on this mill. see pics need some help finding one I just restored this beast from the scrap pile last winter had to downsize 20 hp to 15 hp

cincinnati #3a.JPG

cincinnati # 3d.JPG

cincinnati # 3c.JPG

cincinnati # 3b.JPG

cincinati # 3 tag.JPG

Nice mill. :drool: But I thought we where talking about the vises you just got? :dunno:

Calm down, he is making us wait with anticipation and grabbing your interest with a great looking machine. :encourage: Looks like it is working.

Sorry sidetracked ! again vices are in pieces ,sandblasted and the .812 cross key is washed out on 1 vice thinking about recutting to .875 on both 4 new jaws about done.

100_1266.JPG

Sorry sidetracked ! again vices are in pieces ,sandblasted and the .812 cross key is washed out on 1 vice thinking about recutting to .875 on both 4 new jaws about done.
Here's latest pics recutt .812 bottom key way to .875 on one of the 2 vices 4 new jaws I need to make a lifting devise and handle . Would like a swivel base anybody have one ?

100_1271.JPG

100_1272.JPG

100_1275.JPG

Wow, those are quite nice
Mark
ps if I had a mill like that I'd name it "Ironside" or maybe "Raymond Burr"

Last edited:
Back