grease

Fixnair

Master mechanic
Registered
This may be a little off topic but I've exhausted all my resources where I live so I thought I would quiz you experts.

I'm restoring a piece of old industrial machinery and I need an unusual grease. It must be a light weight grease, ( able to flow to a degree) almost a heavy oil. The spec calls for a Conoco extra light zero or equivelent. I only need a couple of tubes not a 5 gallon pail.

Any of you guys be able to help me or point me in the right direction?

As always I appreciate any help.

Lubriplate 105. It is commonly used as engine assembly lube, and is low viscosity. It is available at most auto parts stores in a big squeeze tube.

EPO grease has those qualities, used in lots of equipment sealed boxes. Almost like a hypoid style saw does. I used it ALOT doing repairs on all kinds of power tools.

Thanks for your suggestions. I have found what I need at a John Deere dealer. They call it cotton needle grease' they have it in tubes at about $3.50 a tube.

Would you be willing to share the information for the grease you found? Part number, SKU number. I have looked on the web and found nothing. Went to my local JD dealer and the look on his face was classic when I asked for "cotton needle grease". If you are willing even the information for your dealer. I can contact them directly to buy. Thank you in advance for any and all help you can provide.

I think what you are looking for at John Deere is called " Corn Header Grease". Comes in a tube. I have used it in a band saw gear box. If you still need the part number, I have one tube left and can get you the information if needed. John Deere uses it in their corn header spindles on attachment for combines used in harvesting corn.

OK, Got it. Just found and read the JD specifications for the corn head grease and it is what can be used in my gear box. Also just got off phone with local JD dealer and they have it in tubes on the shelf. JD part number AN102562 for 14 ounce tube at $3.68 per tube. The video they have demonstrating how it works in their equipment is cool. Thanks for getting me on the correct path.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back